BrightHouse were the UK’s largest rent-to-own company, operating between April 1994 and March 2020.
BrightHouse provided a niche service which was evidently needed by some customers – the company had around 200,000 and operated a 300+ Retail locations, with 35 Cross stocks, 15 logistics locations, 4 Regional sub offices and 1 Head Office.
Due to the current National FM Provider falling into administration, BrightHouse contacted Simply Solutions with a view to putting in an urgent Helpdesk facility to deal with the immediate impact to their FM support. This was a short-term item which allowed BrightHouse to conduct a holistic review of both their FM requirement and the FM market.
Simply Solutions was awarded a 3-year Service Partner Agreement for Total Facility Management Solutions.
This agreement was extended on 4 separate occasions, over the course of the following 9 years.
The Service Partner agreement included:
- National, 365 day, 24 hrs a day Branded Helpdesk with dedicated Account Management Support Team
- Reactive maintenance services to incorporate the following service standards
- Compliance programmes
- Planned Maintenance visits
- Digital Support portal for each location
- Dedicated operational reporting, tailored for each report line which included Property, Board Directors, Logistics and Supply Chain Managers
- Financial reporting to include both OPEX and CAPEX spend
- Work together with Property and Procurement to achieve cost saving initiatives throughout the course of the agreement resulting in £4m+ savings over the course of the 9 years
Contract value per annum – £2.6m
It should be noted that Simply Solutions is still supporting the BrightHouse estate by assisting Grant Thornton.